Monday, August 21, 2006

Gigaton

Way back in June last year, I wrote a post about how amazing the Japanese Metal scene sounds, one of the bands I talked about was Gigaton and their slogan "Ultra High Speed Death Thrash Attack". About a month ago, I emailed Gigaton to see if there was any way I could get my hands on a CD and T-Shirt from the band. I got a mail back from Abe, the lead singer, he didn't know of any way I could send him the 3000 yen for the T-Shirt/CD so he came up with a pretty good plan, he'd send me the Gigaton stuff and in exchange I would send him a CD and T-Shirt from an underground band in the UK.

He was pretty quick at sending the stuff and soon I was the proud owner of 2 Gigaton T-Shirts (one with blue writing and one with red), both sporting the "Ultra High Speed Death Thrash Attack" slogan and a copy of their Album "Warning" on CD. The album is pretty good and the T-Shirts rule. I had a problem though, I had to find an underground UK band that Abe would like who had both T-Shirts and CDs for sale.

After a couple of weeks of searching, I had come up with a band called Sylosis who I had seen supporting Pitchshifter and who were pretty good. I pre-ordered their E.P. from their record label website and crossed my fingers that I'd be able to get my hands on a T-Shirt. Alas, the CD was released and sent to me but there was no way of buying a T-Shirt online, so I had to find another band for Abe.

This was proving a little difficult as it was now a good 6 weeks since I had received the Gigaton stuff and I was beginning to feel a little guilty. I finally discovered another band on the same label as Psylosis; Architects. I promptly ordered a T-Shirt and CD, waited a couple of days for them to arrive, played the CD, sighed with relief when it was quite good, popped it in a jiffy bag and it winged its way to Japan.

Luckily it all arrived in Japan fine, and Abe liked the CD so everyone's a winner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home