Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Festival Report II

Well, last night was Festival shows 4 and 5 for me, first was the EIFF and Chinese film Summer Palace (Review Here). After the movie, Rosie and I headed down to the EICC to see Bill Bailey.

His latest show "Steampunk" covers a variety of subjects, including; Star Wars, Existentialism, Post Modernism, Celebrities and the old comedy favourites Politics and Religion. I've only really seen Bill Bailey on TV in shows like Black Books/Never mind the Buzzcocks where he plays roles in which he is a bit weird and is the butt of a lot of the jokes, so I didn't really know what to expect from him as a stand up comedian. I was pleasantly surprised, the content of the show was high brow and interspersed with comic music numbers, Bailey is hilariously funny whether he is talking about his loath for J-Lo, or post modernism. I highly recommend anyone with a chance go see the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home