Monday, August 14, 2006

DS Lite vs Netgear DG834GT

I've got a Netgear DG834GT router, which kind of worked with my original DS (Didn't work with WEP but worked unsecured. A couple of months ago after my brother bought an imported DS Lite, he came round, tried to connect to my router which completely jammed it up. Once I power cycled it, I found that it had completely reset (which wasn't so good since I didn't have my ADSL username/pass stored on my PC (my ISP had emailed it to my web based email account)). I thought nothing of it and assumed it was a one of thing.

Well, yesterday my mate Neil comes round with his DS Lite, tries to connect, jams my router, I power cycled it to get it working again and it had reset back to factory settings again. (I didn't learn my lesson the first time and still didn't have my username/pass stored on my PC!). So it appears my router doesn't like the DS Lite.

I checked tonight and if I power cycle the router without attempting any kind of DS Lite connection and when it came back up my settings were kept. Therefore I can only assumit's something to do with the DS Lite that causes it to reset back to its factory default.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home