Friday, July 07, 2006

Last.fm skewed

I was just looking through the last.fm charts for some bands I listen to and I've noticed that for the smaller bands at least, I (along with possibly my brother) have managed to skew the similar artists lists.

For example, Amplifico, who are unlike most of the music I listen to, now have (now defunct) English metal band, Jor as their number 14 artist in the similar artists charts. This is two places above KT Tunstall, despite a large number of Amplifico fans also being KT fans and Amplifico being far closer to KT. At number 24 in the similar artists charts is another English metal band, Landmine Spring and at number 35, Withered an American metal band.

Withered share a similar fate with Jor being listed as the 5th most similar artist. Jor are actually listed as being most similar to Withered, with Landmine Spring second and Amplifico even managing to make an appearance at number 21.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, i lay at least partial claim to "Reprazent / Roni Size" at number 11 and "deep dish" at number 40, and I'm pretty sure no-one else listens to "Tommy Guerrero" at 59 and "Dynamic Syncopation" at 79!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home