Friday, July 01, 2005

Protest against...err...you know

Despite the fact many of Edinburgh's cyclist piss me off on a daily basis with their messing about and cycling slowly, it would seem I still have an affinity with the Cycling massive. I was approached yesterday by a cycle courier, who wanted to know what I was up to at 5:30 today.

At first I thought he was going to offer me some ad-hoc courier work or something, but no, apparently there are a bunch of cyclists meeting in the Meadows who are going to stage a go slow through Edinburgh and try and disrupt the traffic in the city centre (not a hard feat considering the Council have managed to do this all on their own without the aid of go slow cyclists).

"We're protesting against... errr.... well you know" he explained. I didn't try to get any further details as it was obvious he they either weren't protesting against anything in particular, or didn't want to say incase I wasn't with his cause.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! You've made a huge mistake! He didn't say "Well, you know..." He said "Well Yuno", in reference to the youth-giving well which was discovered recently by Yuno, the Peruvian explorer. Only a select few have been chosen to experience the rewards of this fountain of youth, one of which was obviously you. You blew your chance with your hostile suspicions. For shame, Dave. For shame.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home