Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Bloody Cyclists!

I was reminded of something which regularly pisses me off, but today it has driven me to venting my opinions on the matter on my blog. It's 5:50, I'm on my way home from work and it's pissing down with rain, so understandably getting home ASAP is top of my agenda, but as I'm cycling along I come across the world's slowest cyclist.

Now this in itself isn't too bad, I know not everyone is as fit as me and can't sustain a steady 10mph on a flat surface but it gets beyond a joke when I'm freewheeling and catch him up, is he pedalling with the brakes on or something? With no room to pass I follow him for like 5 minutes trundling along, braking to let him get ahead then freewheeling to catch him up.

That is until we get to a red light when he sails straight through.... I mean, he's not in enough hurry to actually pedal but there is enough urgency to break the highway code rather than waiting the 30 secs for the lights to change. It pisses me off even more when 15 seconds after the lights go to green I've caught up with him again!

The only type of cyclist worse is people like him who deliberatley move in front of you at lights in order to get a 5 second head start, then trundle off at a walking pace leaving me silenty cursing them.

....rant over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home