Monday, July 04, 2005

Customer Service Award

The Chored customer service award goes to ... Boots the Chemists for their amazing ability to imply that I was up to no good despite being the only customer in the shop.

Saturday morning I was getting some photos of Princes St. before the Make Poverty History march, and also getting a bit of shopping in at the same time. All the shops were understandbly very quiet and in every one I went into there were more staff than shoppers, made even worse by the increased presence of security guards in most shops.

So I'm passing Boots, and decide to nip in to buy some moisturiser. No sooner have a stepped into the empty shop when a security guard says "You're not allowed to take Photos in here", pointing to the camera in my hand. Now I don't know what exciting stuff he had hidden in the back which I would have wanted a photo of since taking pictures of cosmetics and medicines don't really do it for me.

I explain to the man I have no intention of taking any photos inside the store and if it would make him feel better I'll put the camera in my bag. But no, he's not happy with that, I obviously look like the kind of person who is likely to run away, remove the camera from the bag and get some lurid pictures of hair colouring. Eventually, he makes me leave my bag at the door while I walk into the shop being followed like I'm going to steal something and run away leaving my bag with camera in his capable hands.

So a little hint to Boots, I don't appreciate being treated with suspicion and basically accused of being up to something dodgy and having my belongings confiscated when all I want to do is spend money in your shop. This is especially true when:
a.) I am the only customer in the shop.
b.) You are having to pay out extra for increased security.
c.) Profits for the day are going to be severley reduced as it is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I would have told them where to go! If they dont want to let me spend money in their shop without being hounded, then fine - I'll take my hard earned, moisturizer buying, cash elsewhere!

Dear Boots HQ ....

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home