Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sigma 400mm f/5.6 (Sony A700)


Sigma 400mm f/5.6 (Sony A700), originally uploaded by chored.

In a moment of madness on Thursday I bought this Sigma 400m f/5.6 off eBay. Not sure why. Anyway, it turned up yesterday.

First impressions are mixed. It's not massively sharp, although I've taken a few test shots which are definitely acceptable at the kind of resolutions I would ever need. It's a bit of a pain because it's so long (600mm equivalent on my A700), so you need to shoot at a pretty fast shutter speed. On the other hand, the zoom is ridiculous.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out in the real-world sometime soon. At the latest, Rosie and I are going on a photography course at the Highland Wildlife park in July. Just hope it's nice and bright that day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home