Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bicycle Maintenence II

Spent the day cleaning/fixing my bike. Due to a complete lack of cleaning over the winter period, the front mech was so jammed that even taking it off and scrubbing it failed to unjam it, so I had to replace the whole thing.

Replacing it was pretty straightforward, thanks to This Guide. The only problem I encountered was when I took the chain off, I pushed the pin too far and it popped out the other side, I had to remove a link to get the thing back together, but I've ordered a new chain from Merlin, so that should be sorted soon.

Front gears are now shifting cleanly and I'm back to a full complement of gears (or at least I would be, but the rear mech won't change down to the bottom gear at the moment, leaving that adjustment for another day)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home