Monday, September 21, 2009

Max von Sydow

Strangest thing ever, I'd never heard of the actor Max von Sydow before about 3 weeks ago when I watched the pretty shonky Stephen King adaptation Needful Things.

I've just written a review of the latest film I've watched, 1957 Ingmar Bergman drama Wild Strawberries and had noticed that it had a cameo from the main character in the last film I reviewed, 1957 Ingmar Bergman drama The Seventh Seal (There's been a lot of Ingmar Bergman in the past couple of weeks). I went to check it was the same actor, and find out that not only was he in Needful Things as well, but he was also in The Exorcist which I watched on Friday.

So in the past 3 weeks I've seen 4 movies which he has starred in and didn't even know who he was or that it was the same actor (the movies were from 1957, 1973 and 1993 so his appearance changed quite a bit between each film).

Anyway, he's a pretty good actor and I must congratulate him on a career in cinema which has spanned such a massive time period and led him to be a part of so many great movies (and Needful Things).

Bizarre!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home