Monday, September 14, 2009

Panaracer Uff Da

I've only ever ridden a Mountain Bike, despite 90% or more of my miles being the 3 miles to work and back. The reason for this is because I think Mountain Bikes are cool, although I like to hide behind the excuse of I can take a Mountain Bike on the road, but I can't take a road bike off-road. An excuse which has more wait to it now that I've been to Glentress a couple of times.

Anyway, that leaves the question of tyres, I've always ridden big chunky off-road tyres to do me 30 miles a week from home to work and back. While in training for the Glasgow to Edinburgh event, I thought it was maybe time I bought something less knobbly.

That's when I saw the Panaracer Uff Da, £10 or so each from Merlin Cycles. They're big and chunky (2.3") tyres designed for urban use (probably more extreme use than my daily commute, but the look pretty cool). Fitting them on the bike, I was surprised how much quieter and smoother they ride on the road than the Maxxis Ignitors that came with the bike. The rode pretty well on the Glasgow to Edinburgh, so look like a good purchase.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home