Thursday, October 08, 2009

DMR V8 Pedals

The DMR V8 pedals are great, I've had them on my bike since I bought it back in May and they're big and chunky, ride smoothly and are very grippy. The only downsides are that the paint doesn't seem to last long and if you get one in the shin, it's gonna leave a scar (trust me, I know) [and some people don't like my garish purple ones on my red bike].

Also, they don't have any reflectors, so technically aren't legal for riding at night. So, being the safety conscious fellow I am, I ordered a pair of these from Merlin cycles, look like the DMRs, but with reflectors and half the price. Sorted, or so I thought.

Just picked my package up from the post office (Obviously I'm using the royal I which means Rosie) and to my surprise, Merlin have sent me a pair of DMR V8s instead. £24 worth of pedals for £12, which would be good if I didn't already own a pair of V8s which I want to replace due to the lack of reflector situation!

They always say a true test of a company is how they handle problems [By they, I mean Gav and me but I'm sure others say it too], so we'll soon find out if Merlin are just good prices and fast delivery or if there's someone nice in the customer support department to back that up.

I guess, if their customer support is shit, I'm still £12 up and can replace the garish purple with the nice black ones.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home